“Love the website content and the CFA study planner has become an absolute necessity for me! It helped me clear Level 1 in my first attempt by always keeping me on top of my study schedule. “Reshma Menon, CFA L2 candidate
[New: Planner updated to accommodate all 2021-2022 exam dates and curriculum]
So you’ve decided to register for the CFA exams.
The natural next step is to consider if you would need additional prep materials. This depends largely on your study style and how you learn best – check out Offers section for exclusive 300 Hours readers discounts.
Once that’s done, the big question is “How do I plan my studies to pass the exams?”, or “Can I complete studying for the CFA exam in X months?”. The ‘problem’ with this question is that each individual should have their own optimal plan that suits their circumstances – there is no one-size-fits-all.
As we get these questions all the time, we’ve distilled our learnings and experience into a killer CFA study planner tool. Our personalized CFA study planner will help you:
- Predict your CFA exam score
- Benchmark your mock scores against historical candidate data
- Track all your study efforts
- Map the curriculum you’ve covered, identify weak spots and auto-prioritize
Let’s dive in!
- What makes the best CFA study planner?
- Generate your own free CFA study planner
- PLAN: Master your study hours and never fall behind
- PROGRESS: Know what you’ve covered, and focus on what’s important
- PERFORM: Benchmark your mocks. Predict your CFA exam performance
- Fill in this form, get your personalized CFA study planner now!
What makes the best CFA study planner?
I have discussed this framework more informally in this article about balancing CFA exam studies and work, but I hope this guide will give you a concrete method to come up with a tailor-made plan.
We built our study planner with two guiding principles:
- Low input needed: We want you to focus on studying, not playing around with study data. Our study planner is ready to use right out of the box. Input as much or as little as you want, it makes the most of the study data you give it.
- Focus on passing: The study planner’s main function is to help you pass. Every aspect of its interface is to help you focus on the areas that matter, or incentivize you to perform better or work harder. This means our focus areas will prioritize topics that can gain you the most points, and we built in a lot of features to give you an idea of how your exam performance would be.
Minimal work needed, and maximizes your pass chances. Nothing else matters.
Generate your own free CFA study planner
More than 40,000 readers have successfully used our planner. You can generate your own in less than a minute.
We will create a personalized CFA study planner for you with 3 core features:
- PLAN: Shows you whether you’re on-track with your CFA exam studies and all important dates
- PROGRESS: Show you where are the topics you should be focusing your time on, factoring in the amount of reading and actual exam weightings to really show you the most efficient topics to be addressing
- PERFORM: Benchmarks your mock exam scores to show you if your scores need improving to ensure a pass
PLAN: Master your study hours and never fall behind
With our online planner, you can check your study progress at any time, and see if you’re on track to complete all your studies before your CFA exam day.
The planner also monitors the remaining days left to your exam with your study plan and progress, alerting you if you are falling behind.
It also charts your study hours, showing your progress against past periods.
PROGRESS: Know what you’ve covered, and focus on what’s important
Know exactly how much you’ve covered
Our study planner prioritizes exam performance – exam weighting is built into every assessment. Throughout your studies you will have a progress % showing how much of the exam you’ve covered, and how far ahead – or behind – you are.
Focus on your important topics
The planner also considers exam weights, difficulty and progress to highlight topics that you should prioritize.
Helps you stay disciplined
As you progress through your studies, reviewing topics and completing mock exams, marking your progress as ‘done’ in the planner actually contributes towards your sense of achievement and helps you maintain a more disciplined approach to your CFA exam studies.
PERFORM: Benchmark your mocks. Predict your CFA exam performance
We predict…you’ll pass your CFA exams.
Combining past candidate performance data and your study data, we can even attempt to predict your CFA exam performance.
Of course, this is just a prediction, and not a guarantee!
Auto-benchmarked against past candidates
As you enter your mock exam scores, these are auto-benchmarked to show you if you are scoring well against historical candidates performance.
We have past candidates’ actual CFA results, so we can create a reliable benchmark to show you if you’re trending towards a pass, or you need to step it up.
This better informs you if your scores need improving, and helps reassure you if your scores are on a good trend.
Fill in this form, get your personalized CFA study planner now!
What do you think? I hope you found this simple framework useful for your study planning, and that you now have your online planner to use. Share this with a friend who is revising for the CFA exams too!
Meanwhile, you may find these related articles of interest:
Level 1 candidates
- CFA Level 1: How to Prepare & Pass CFA in 18 Months
- CFA Level 1 Topics: What Is The Best Study Order?
- CFA Level 1 Commandments: Top 10 Tips & Advice from Previous Candidates
Level 2 candidates
- CFA Level 2: How to Prepare & Pass CFA in 18 Months
- CFA Level 2 Topics: What Is The Best Study Order?
- CFA Level 2 Commandments: Top 10 Tips & Advice from Previous Candidates
Level 3 candidates