CFA CFA Level 1 What shall i do, pay for the JULY 21 attempt or wait for CFA institute’ response?

What shall i do, pay for the JULY 21 attempt or wait for CFA institute’ response?

  • Author
    Posts
    • MehulAgrawal
      Participant
      Up
      2
      Down

      Hi Can please anyone help me with a query? I was a student for DEC 2020 L1 exams but exams got cancelled at my location, however i chose to postpone it to FEB 21, but then again the preferred location was not available and i did not schedule for the exams as the available location was very far (more than 750 kms). I was not looking for the March window then, as there were some personal reasons to not to opt for it. I received a communication from CFA institute (11 FEB 2021) stating that i can still register for the July, August and November window, however i was not able to register for these all these days again due to personal reasons and today when i tried to register for the July 2021 L1 exams, i could not see the postponement option and the fees of 700$ was appearing to be paid in order to register for the same.

      Can anyone please suggest what could be the reasons for the same as there was no deadline given in the official communication in the email update by the CFA institute by which i had to register for the future levels ( i assume that the deadline are as per respective windows to register for them)?

      Also since the final early registration deadline is 10 March for July 2021 shall i proceed with paying the fees though it will create hardships for me, or i should seek and wait for institute’s response?

    • Sophie Macon
      Keymaster
      Up
      3
      Down

      Hi @MehulAgrawal, I’m confused.

      If you’ve received a communication from CFA Institute as detailed in this article, it states that you need to decide whether to defer or not by 10th Feb 11.59pm ET.

      So since you didn’t respond on time, and your exam is cancelled, you can opt to wait for CFA Institute to follow up within 15 days (from 1st March) to provide more details about re-registering for another testing window or choose a refund. However, we don’t know whether July21 registration will be open to you for deferral at this stage, or it is full.

      You also might be offered the Online Proctored Testing option, and CFA Institute should be contacting you by mid March on this, as you seem to meet the requirements. The first OPT exam is in April 2021.

    • MehulAgrawal
      Participant
      Up
      2
      Down

      Hi Sophie,

      Thanks for answering, however i didn’t receive any communication for deferral by 10 feb 2021, it was only on the 11 feb 2021 i received an email stating that i could still register for a future exam.

      May be this was because i didnt schedule the exam though i was registered for the feb exam.

      Now, i talked to the institute over phone call, and they suggested that my account was not updated hence the error was appearing at the time of checkout.

    • Sophie Macon
      Keymaster
      Up
      0
      Down

      Awesome – glad to hear it was all sorted out Mehul 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.