CFA CFA Level 1 Weird Confusion: Level 1 needs to be postponed from June to December 2014

Weird Confusion: Level 1 needs to be postponed from June to December 2014

  • Author
    Posts
    • AnujKundarap
      Participant
      Up
      0
      Down

      I had recently started preparing for my Level 1 and got into a nice preliminary routine and pace. However, it turns out that I cannot take the exam in June due as something has come up. This puts me in a conundrum. As December 2014 is the earliest I can take Level 1, should I back of from my studies now or try to stick to a slower pace for a few months and try to pace myself for the next 12 months? I haven’t heard anyone suggesting a 12 month study plan, so I am skeptical of doing that but I do not want to ruin the good trot I have gotten myself into.
      Also, this might seem to be a little pompous but its playing on my mind for a few days now; should I start with Level 1 as well as Level 2 (basics only) and complete whatever I can till about July-Aug and then begin the Level 1 prep in full swing for Dec ’14?

      Any suggestions will be welcome.

      Thanks!

    • Sophie Macon
      Keymaster
      Up
      3
      Down

      I suggest taking a break and start later – say around May next year. It’s better to have time off, plus with a good 6 month study plan I don’t see an issue for you to ace it.

      I’d suggest focusing on 1 level first 🙂 Yes if you pass Dec 2014, Level 2 June 2015 will be painful but doable, as I’m stating this from experience. Hope this helps!

    • christine
      Participant
      Up
      2
      Down

      +1 – burnout will be a real issue if you start a full year before your exam is up!

    • AnujKundarap
      Participant
      Up
      2
      Down

      @Sophie, @christine Thanks for your replies. I guess I’ll take it easy for a few months then. 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.