CFA CFA Level 1 March Window Slot Booking

March Window Slot Booking

  • Author
    Posts
    • rohra_ankit
      Participant
      Up
      6
      Down

      I was supposed to give my exam in February 2021 but now CFA has opened a March window as well. I haven’t yet registered for the February exam and now I want to give the exam in March. But the last date for booking a slot for the February exam is 14th December and there’s no update on the March window slot booking so far. What should I do?

    • Sophie Macon
      Keymaster
      Up
      4
      Down

      Hi @rohra_ankit, I’m assuming you’re a current Feb registered candidate but have not scheduled your test appointment?

      Yes the March registration is not opened yet, but currently there isn’t much info available either except that it’s held 21-23 March.

      So far, based on what I understand, it depends if you are a previously postponed candidate and/or there is capacity in your local test centre. CFA Institute seems to imply that March window is for select deferred December/February candidates only.

      So, if you’re NOT a previously postponed candidate, and/or your preferred test centre has capacity, it may be best to book your exam slot for Feb before 14th Dec. However, there is also the option of not booking an exam slot (even there is capacity) and wait for March window to open and hope you’ll be offered (since you’re already registered for Feb) to get onto that instead.

      But if you’re currently registered for Feb, either a previously postponed candidate and/or your local test center is full, just sit tight and wait for March to open up and you can probably switch to that with no additional cost.

    • rohra_ankit
      Participant
      Up
      1
      Down
      Hi @rohra_ankit, I’m assuming you’re a current Feb registered candidate but have not scheduled your test appointment?

      Yes the March registration is not opened yet, but currently there isn’t much info available either except that it’s held 21-23 March.

      So far, based on what I understand, it depends if you are a previously postponed candidate and/or there is capacity in your local test centre. CFA Institute seems to imply that March window is for select deferred December/February candidates only.

      So, if you’re NOT a previously postponed candidate, and/or your preferred test centre has capacity, it may be best to book your exam slot for Feb before 14th Dec. However, there is also the option of not booking an exam slot (even there is capacity) and wait for March window to open and hope you’ll be offered (since you’re already registered for Feb) to get onto that instead.

      But if you’re currently registered for Feb, either a previously postponed candidate and/or your local test center is full, just sit tight and wait for March to open up and you can probably switch to that with no additional cost.

      Yes I am a postponed candidate. I was supposed to give the exam in June 2020 but then it was cancelled and I transferred myself to the February 2021 attempt.

      And currently there is capacity in my test center area. It’s just that if the March window opens before 14th December I might be able to switch myself to that window. However I don’t know when will that happen, so I am confused a lot.

    • Sophie Macon
      Keymaster
      Up
      3
      Down

      Hi @rohra_ankit , OK, so if you’re a postponed candidate and much prefer March 2021 exam slots, just wait to be notified and check back in the next few weeks for March registration opening (unknown date as yet). You should have priority as well.

    • rohra_ankit
      Participant
      Up
      3
      Down

      So should I leave the December 14 deadline? Because I got a mail from CFA stating that if I don’t register before the deadline I will lose my registration for February and I’ll have to re-register for another attempt. However they also state that in case I’m unable to get a slot for February then I can register myself for the March window at no additional cost.

      I don’t know I am just very much confused. It’s just that I don’t want that my registration gets cancelled because of all this. I think by waiting I’m taking a risk of losing (the registration). If somehow I get a confirmation from the institute that even if you miss the deadline you’ll be able to register yourself for the March window then I’ll be relieved.

    • Sophie Macon
      Keymaster
      Up
      5
      Down

      It’s best to email/contact CFA Institute to clarify.

      The decision to let Dec 14 pass or not is yours unfortunately. If you want certainty, just register for Feb 2021 since there is capacity at your local area. If not, you can wait till 14th Dec has passed, and get March or something later. They are probably only going to open up March registration after Feb registration has closed anyway.

      You’re probably OK to wait until 14th Dec has passed, but again, CFA Institute has acted inconsistently before (e.g. closing the Feb registration before the actual deadline), so best to get direct confirmation from them to be real sure.

    • rohra_ankit
      Participant
      Up
      3
      Down

      Yes I guess that’s the best way to go ahead.

      Thank you so much for answering my query! Appreciate your time 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.