CFA CFA Level 1 Level 1 in Dec 2020 or Feb 2021?

Level 1 in Dec 2020 or Feb 2021?

  • This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Nov-20 by fp92.
  • Author
    Posts
  • Kashish
    Participant
    Up
    77
    Down

    I am a little confused whether I should write the exam in this Dec or in Feb of next year. Any advice?

    Sophie Macon
    Keymaster
    Up
    4
    Down

    Hi @Kashish , I don’t know if you’ve seen our analysis on that topic this week, here’s the article that may help https://www.300hours.com/articles/cfa-level-1-registration-which-exam

    In short, if you can make Dec 2020 by registering now and giving it a good shot, it’s the best (last) chance for aiming for a fastest route to your CFA charter. This is if you pass Dec 2020’s exam, you can still make L2 in June 2021, although that isn’t the case for any 2021 exams. For any L1 2021 exams, the earliest L2 June exam candidates can register for is June2022.

    Let me know if you’ve further questions.

    djriv81
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Also don’t forget to take costs into consideration. Right now you can register for Feb 2021 at $700 while Dec 2020 is at $1000. Explore the CFA website and make your decision.

    freakyali
    Participant
    Up
    4
    Down

    Also if you register and pass in Dec, cost for Level 2 will be more as compared to Jun 22.

    Dallas2020
    Participant
    Up
    4
    Down

    All depends on where you are in your studies, as well. Feb gives you more time and the exam will be online with less questions. This is all assuming the December test takes place – could be as many 173k taking L1 with June cancelled. Thats a lot to get figured out with Covid, etc.

    Kashish
    Participant
    Up
    4
    Down

    Thank you for the advice…since I am not finishing my uni exams before the June exam of 2021 and therefore cannot write L2 in June, I have decided to go for the Feb’21 exam.

    ashjindal99
    Participant
    Up
    1
    Down

    Will there be extra fees if I defer my exam from December to Feb for L1?

    fp92
    Participant
    Up
    5
    Down

    @ashjindal99 – there are no additional fees to defer now. Just sign in your CFA account to withdraw from Dec20 exam and reregister for Feb L1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.