CFA CFA Level 1 Missed CFA exam scheduling deadline. Any way to reschedule for a future exam?

Logistics

Missed CFA exam scheduling deadline. Any way to reschedule for a future exam?

Topic Resolution: Resolved
  • This topic has 13 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2w by Zee Tan.
  • Author
    Posts
    • Up
      41

      I am CFA level 1 student registered for July exams. Was waiting for a location to open up in Sri Lanka, which did not until the last moment. As I keep checking the scheduling window almost everyday. Didn’t send any mails as I forgot the exact scheduling deadline. But re-registering for exam seems very harsh. I heard that the May exams in SL was transferred to November due to location issues.

      Is there anything that can be done. Will be really helpful if anyone can help me out with this. What is the mail address or contact no that I can use to directly contact CFA.

      mikey voted upddiyxy9coyc voted up
    • Up
      2
      Accepted answer

      Your actual issue isn’t actually clear from what you’ve written. But I’m assuming that your issue is that you missed the exam scheduling deadline.

      If you’ve missed your exam scheduling deadline, according to the terms and rules, the result isn’t having to re-register for the exam, but to have your exam forfeited. The postponement of the May 2021 exams to November would be independent of anything happening in the July exams.

      You can reach CFA Institute at info@cfainstitute.org to try and resolve your issue.

      agmfarsan voted upZee Tan voted up
    • Up
      2

      i can help you out
      i had same problem

      agmfarsan voted up
    • Up
      1

      Thanks allot for the response Zee Tan.

      Yes, I have missed the scheduling deadline which was 3 days back. I have just written to CFA on that mail address. Can you please advice me on probable solutions I might get.

      • Is there a chance that Ill be able to sit for July exams.
      • Or at-least defer it to August session.
      • If it is considered to be forfeited, then I’ll have to pay the exams registration again, isn’t it. That too only for November session.

      Thanks again Tan.

      • Up
        3

        There’s no single likely scenario so any of the scenarios you suggest might be possible.

        In my opinion, forfeiting exams when the process is so prone to causing candidates to miss the deadline is pretty poor, so I would imagine CFA Institute would be able to help you schedule for July or a later exam.

        agmfarsan voted upZee Tan voted up
    • Up
      1

      Hi 300Hours team,

      As per one of my previous post, I missed the scheduling deadline (July) as there were no centers showing in my preferred location until the last minute.
      I have mailed CFA institute more than 2 weeks ago (no reply yet) & had called up several times only to be put on hold almost an hour repeatedly before the line gets disconnected automatically.

      Since I’m unable to get a response, I have made up my mind to register again for the November exams. I am unable to do this, because in the schedule exam window the following is showing,

      Would really appreciate if anyone can advise on what can be done to resolve this. Thanks in advance.

      On a separate note, isn’t it practical to get 2 to 3 preferred locations at registration & assign to one of them based on availability. (Coming from a CIMA, ACCA background never had an issue related to scheduling).

      Zee Tan voted up
      • Up
        1

        (I’ve moved your topic to your original question since it’s a follow-up question.)

        From a systems perspective you won’t be allowed to register for another exam until the results of your current exam is released.

        Unfortunately the way to resolve this is (yet again) to contact CFA Institute.

        On a separate note, isn’t it practical to get 2 to 3 preferred locations at registration & assign to one of them based on availability. (Coming from a CIMA, ACCA background never had an issue related to scheduling).

        I think we all agree that there are a lot of logistical issues with the current way the CFA exams are administered. I chalk it down to teething issues as well as the large-scale changes implemented as a result of the Covid pandemic. Unfortunately this does mean there will be a certain level of chaos for the first few batches of exam candidates, until they get the issues resolved.
        agmfarsan voted up
        • Up
          0

          Hi Zee Tan,

          Yeah understood. Thanks for the update. If I don’t get any reply from CFA, will I be able to,

          • Withdraw from exam.
            • Any idea when this withdrawal option will be open. Currently I cannot see a withdrawal option.
            • Or should this also be requested from CFA.
          • Register for November exams after withdrawal.

          Sorry if I keep repeating my queries, I really don’t want to delay any further & want to sit for L1 latest by November.

          Thank You.

    • Up
      1

      Hi everyone,

      An update, I was able to contact CFA USA & got a reply to my mail saying that no exceptions can be made and I’ll have to pay & register for any future windows. It seems harsh to completely lose $1,000 for missing a scheduling deadline. I really hope CFA reviews this & comes up with a better solution to its candidates.

      Anyways, was able to withdraw from my July registration & register for November session. Thank you for all the support.

      Zee Tan voted up
    • Up
      0

      Hi,

      I have been trying to contact CFA via call for the last 2 days. First 2 times I was put on hold for about 40 mins then was disconnected. Next few times it was disconnected after 2-3 minutes. Getting really frustrated. Is there any other mode of communication which will help me to get in touch with CFA. The number I used was 00 1 434-951-5499.

      And generally what is the response time for a mail from CFA.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.