CFA CFA General Failed Feb 2021, can I retake in July 2021?

Logistics

Failed Feb 2021, can I retake in July 2021?

Topic Resolution: Resolved
  • This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Apr-21 by Avatar of britbbritb.
  • Author
    Posts
    • Up
      0
      ::

      Hi all, I have heard online but not from CFAI that it is possible to sit the July 2021 level 1 exam if you did not pass in February 2021 because it is not an ADJACENT window, even though 6 months haven’t passed. It also looks like I can register for July on the CFA website. Anyone know? Deadline is next week!!

      ukcfa19962 voted up
    • Avatar of Zee TanZee Tan
      Keymaster
      • CFA Charterholder
      Articles Master Constant Reader Reader Forum Regular Forum Visitor Popular Regular Voter 1 Autobiographer Commentator First Vote
      Up
      4
      ::

      It’s not super-clear, since the July exams are a one-off case.

      The CFA Institute official policy defines the retake cut-off to be ‘6 months’ rather than ‘not adjacent’:

      Our policy is that there must be a minimum of six months between exams; this allows candidates 6-9 months between testing windows.

      However you’re saying you can register for July while logged into your CFA Institute account?

      Let me also check with CFA Institute and see if they have any comment on this.

      ukcfa19962 voted up
    • Up
      1
      ::

      Thanks – yes and I know people who have paid for it and scheduled tests. Mark Meldrum also released a video saying it’s possible.

    • Avatar of Zee TanZee Tan
      Keymaster
      • CFA Charterholder
      Articles Master Constant Reader Reader Forum Regular Forum Visitor Popular Regular Voter 2 Autobiographer Commentator First Vote
      Up
      1
      ::

      Awaiting confirmation from CFA Institute which would probably come next week, but given others have done so and that CFA Institute’s online system allow it and Mark Meldrum’s chipped in to say it’s possible, I’d say go for it.

      If you’re not competing for test center places you can wait until the deadline in case CFA Institute comes back and says otherwise, but if they’re going fast I’d go ahead and schedule an exam.

    • Up
      1
      ::

      I’m in this boat too. Am scheduling for July.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.