My exams are scheduled on July 19, 2021. What happens if I’m infected with Covid 19 during or before exam day? As at my location (India), there are widespread cases of Covid.
If I would be allowed to reschedule my exam, would I be allowed to take the exam in August 2021 exam cycle? If yes, please explain the steps I should take in that situation. Thanks!
If you or a close family member contracts Covid within 60 days of an exam you can request for your CFA exam to be rescheduled. You’ll need to prove it with a test. Quoting CFA Institute (highlights are mine):
Deferrals to the next available exam are considered on a case-by-case basis, and only in the event of one of the following, impacting the candidate or a member of his/her immediate family:
- government, employer, or university travel restriction due to COVID-19 that prevents a candidate from attending the exam (documentation required)
- a positive COVID test within 60 days of the candidate’s scheduled exam appointment (documentation required)
- concern over sitting for the exam because of COVID does not qualify for a deferral. CBT group sizes are smaller and the testing environment is easier to adhere to safety standards.
- life-threatening illness (candidate or immediate family member) in the exam window;
- death of a candidate’s immediate family member;
- mandatory military service (candidate only) in the exam window;
- pregnancy (candidate only); or
- natural disaster (candidate’s local area).
The candidate’s immediate family is defined as only the candidate’s parent, grandparent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, or child. Deferral requests must be received by CFA Institute prior to or within 10 US business days after the exam window. Decisions on deferrals are final and are at the sole discretion of CFA Institute. Candidates awarded a deferral are responsible for all applicable new curriculum charges.
However, there is very, very, very little chance this will be for August 2021, since even the May deferred candidates have been offered November 2021 as the earliest date.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.