Hi @Brian_Murph, welcome to the forum!
I have covered this topic extensively in this post, under #1. Resource Planning.
There are some free Level 1 papers, and some that require purchase.
In summary, for Level 1, I’d recommend the following for extra practice papers (aside from freebies):
- Elan: Additional 10% off your purchase using the code 36571664166 at checkout.
- AnalystNotes: Get the Level I online package for only $59 (15% off). It contains study notes, thousands of practice questions and 5 sets of practice papers. Superb value for money. Just register first, then proceed to “Order” to purchase.
- Simplilearn: 5 sets of practice papers for just $77 (10% off with 300Hours discount).
- Finance Train: Get 1 set of practice exam for Level I for only $20 each (20% off).
I agree with @sophie about AnalystNotes. By FAR the best value for your money. I used them successfully for L1 and L2.
If you’re looking for something free, I believe Investopedia has a very extensive L1 section with practice questions, full notes, etc.
Hmm I’m not familiar with Investopedia questions myself @Brian_Murph, and whether they are updated. Perhaps others could comment.
I wasn’t that impressed by the free test that Simplilearn offer. The questions felt like they were written by someone whose first language isn’t English.
Another cheap option is http://www.soleadea.com. I haven’t taken any of their tests but they offer a benchmarking system similar to Schweser where you can compare the results of your test to other candidates that have taken it. Looks like you can pay as little at $15 too and they also offer a free mock too.
As a good source of questions, Id like to throw an app that I have been using into the fray also. Its called CFA Level 1 MCQ and I got it in the app store. I have been using it for the last few days and im pretty happy with it. I agree with the comments about investopedia – its not great, and also the original post about the Schweser practice exams – they are very useful. Best of luck in the exam everyone!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.