Hi Folks ,
Just wanted to know whether is it viable to enroll for CFA Level 1 as i am a s/w engineer with around 1 year of experience now, as my aspiratrions is to work for any good finance firm as i rate good myself in mathematics stuff and all.
just curious to know whether clearing CFA Level1 open any good job opportunities?
Thanks in advance
Hello @ayush1611, welcome to 300HC!
As long as you have a Bachelor’s degree you can enrol for the CFA exams.
For CFA Level 1 clearance, it certainly differentiates you from other applicants, but getting a role is not just that, it largely depends on your interviewing skills too, and how well you can convince a potential employer that you’re perfect for the role. I’d say it helps, but there are other factors that are required for securing finance roles.
Here are a couple of useful discussion threads about engineers transitioning into finance, hope you find them useful:
- What are the prospects of engineers transitioning into finance?
- Engineer to finance
- @sharmarahool is a software engineer who worked in financial services for 7 years, and would have some perspective to add
thanks for replying, just wanted to be more clear about the job prospects after clearing level1 , i mean just wanted to know the efficiency rate of people from non finance background that clears the L1 and then switch around their careers .
My Execution plan as of now is :-
1. to enroll for cfa L1 and try to crack it
2. after clearing level 1 finding good job where i can be paid handsomely that will keep me motivated for clearing l2 and give me experience in finance and most importantly getting me out of this shitty IT job.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.