Hi @CFAdudeguy, welcome!
A pre-recorded interview is similar to leaving a series of voice messages, in video format, answering pre-determined questions.
Before the interview:
- Make sure your internet connection is steady.
- Wear a suit, just like if you were doing a face-to-face interview.
- Check that you don’t have anything embarrassing in your background.
During the interview:
- You’ll be presented with questions and have about 1-2 mins to read and think about it.
- You then click ‘record’ (or it will start automatically after a preset time).
- Give your answer and click done (or something equivalent).
- Try and keep your answers short and succinct, maybe about 30-60 seconds. Long answers may not get viewed to the end.
- You may not be able to re-record answers, so if you mess something up, just continue the best you can (again, just like a face-to-face interview).
- Have some short notes in front of you as prep, but make sure they are short enough that you have time to refer to them during the interview.
- Questions should be basic HR questions.
- Practice beforehand with basic questions, with your webcam.
Viewing 2 reply threads
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.