Another week, another set of prizes given away in the 300 Hours Community! Our members in the Community have been steadfastly soldiering through the curriculum, and many good questions on the syllabus have been popping up.
The 300 Hours Team have also been diligently working with our members to help their studies, and every week, we will highlight great discussions in the Community into a free CFA workshop digest.
It’s been good answering curriculum questions and diving deeper into the detail of troublesome concepts for all 3 levels, as well as discussing interview tips and career paths. Follow the link on each of the topics to view the full discussion, and join in!
- Option Pricing: @SidMenon helps clarify the relationship between an option’s exercise price and its relative value.
- US GAAP & IFRS Differences: @Dan helps compile a list of GAAP and IRFS differences in one handy place.
- Deferred Tax Assets and Deferred Tax Liabilities: Struggling with understanding both? @Maroon5 helps clarify this.
- Capitalizing Interest Expenses: @vincentt discusses capitalized interest expenses, and how to treat cash flows for capitalized expenses in reporting.
- Passthrough vs Paythrough: They seem to be used interchangably, but @vincentt wonders if there is a difference…
- How to Calculate Cash Flow Yield from an MBS: @vincentt finds out how to properly calculate monthly cash flow yields from MBS instruments, and how to treat future value and payments.
- Equity Swap Valuations: @Diya discusses a Level II Equity Swap question.
- How to Tackle IPS Questions? @lakshya25 meets the Level III million-dollar question head on, and @Sophie rises epicly to the occasion. If you’re Level III, you must read this!
- Schweser for Level III: @jimmyg wonders if it is as effective as it was for Levels I and II.
- Dress to Impress: @Diya discusses what is the optimal dress code for an all-important interview.
- Flexible Career Paths: @AJFinance takes a poll on whether fellow CFA candidates are asset management bound, or have other plans.
Got something to discuss in the Community? Join today!