Hope revision is going well – about one month left for the June takers! If you’d like a free last-minute Elan 11th Hour Guide, be sure to join the Community and be online at Sunday 5PM London time to claim yours!
This week, we have a ton of topics to go through, especially in Level I and II. Read on to dive into the details!
- Practice Exam Approaches: @vijay asks if we should ease into it, or start with all guns blazing.
- How Many Practice Exams Are You Planning to Do?: @reena asks everyone what their targets are.
- Revenue, sales, turnover, net income, EBITDA questions: @policedog investigates the differences between several terms.
- Understanding Balance Sheet Revenue Recognition: @SidMenon goes through an example and nuances of recognizing different revenue types in the balance sheet.
- Easiest CFA Topics: @Diya asks everyone which topics they love in Level I.
- Deferred Taxes in FCFF: @vincentt investigates how deferred taxes are treated in FCFF calculations.
- Treynor Black Model: Leveraging Funds: @vincentt finds out why leveraging to increase returns does not necessarily impact portfolio composition.
- Dornbusch Overshooting Model: What is it? @Franz finds out.
- Adjusted CFO: @vincentt discusses after tax interest expense adjustments to cash flow calculations.
- Greenmail – Why Does It Make Sense?: @fabian wonders how does greenmail actually work, and we dive into a real-life example.
- LIFO and Cash Flow: @diya goes through the relationships between LIFO/FIFO accounting and cash flow.