Alright guys – we’re drawing close to the end of the line for our June warriors. Get fired up for the last week – you have an exam’s ass to kick soon!
We’ve been reminding you so often about your free CFA Institute paper that our regular readers must be rolling their eyes right about now… But if you haven’t log into your CFA Institute account and get them. If you’re looking for more practice papers, you can get some free ones and others at great discounts through our Reviews and Offers page.
We will be running our Weekly Workshop series for 1 more week. Remember to check out our forum to look at the full (and increasingly thorough) list of topics we’ve covered so far (Level I, Level II and Level III covered, as well as Careers and General CFA), but here are the weekly picks that will be useful to go through before you hit the actual exam.
- Composite vs Mutual Funds in GIPS: @bendujamin asks if mutual funds and composites get the same treatment in GIPS.
- Calculation of Equity for ROE: What numbers do you use from the balance sheet?@sidmenon investigates.
- Financial Leverage Factors: How does issuing common stock influence financial leverage? @policedog goes through the reasoning.
- Historical and Actual Equity Risk Premium: @ykilstein investigates the differences between historical and actual equity risk premium.
- Interest Rate effect I.O. & P.O.: For principle-only and interest-only MBS, why do they have +ve and -ve durations respectively? @ykilstein finds out.
- Option Arbitrage Pricing: @Alta12 wonders when a put option is overpriced in the market, why do you sell the put and SELL shares?
- Is Level 1 testable in Level 2?: @fabian wonders if ghosts of Level 1 will haunt him in Level 2.
- IPS Inflation Rate: @Ajfinance clarifies the role of inflation in required real return in IPS questions.
- Convenience Yield: CFA questions can be tricky, as @lakshya25 finds out in this commodity forwards and futures question.
- Negative Duration and Positive Duration in Swaps and MBS: For principle-only and interest-only MBS, why do they have +ve and -ve durations respectively?@adossa3 finds out.
Have you got any particular issues or questions that you’re struggling with? Post them in the comments below, or join the 300 Hours Community for free and ask us charterholders!