It’s been a busy week at the 300 Hours Community. Last week we saw @MattJuniper, @Diya and @imdnextbuffet top the weekly leader chart, and we’re due to decide on this week’s winner tomorrow!
Meanwhile, here are some of the helpful topics discussed in the Community to augment your CFA prep and career. Every week, we will highlight great discussions in the Community into a free CFA workshop digest.
- Changes in Level I from 2012 to 2013: @TacheMan shares his findings on syllabus changes from 2012 to 2013.
- Swap Markets and Contracts: @SidMenon asks how an interest rate swap can be used to hedge an interest rate risk.
- Non-controlling Interest, How Does It Work? @Dan ponders the exact definition of non-controlling interest, and how it should be reported in the income statement.
- How Long is a Vignette? Level II introduces you to vignette-style questions. How do you approach them? @vincentt finds out.
- Notching & Structural Subordination: @Diya dives deeper into the concepts of notching and structural subordination.
- Hedging via Futures Contracts: @vincentt discusses an example question with futures contract hedging and how it affects income reporting.
- GIPS Carve Outs: @AJFinance investigates the cash allocation component of carve outs in GIPS.
- My First Interview: @reena searches for collective wisdom for her first interview.
- Fixed Income Structured Products: @AJFinance plots a smooth transition into his ideal role.
Got something to discuss in the Community? Join today and you might also be next week’s winner!